Our Fundamental Values
Homeopathy has been built on experience and observation; it was a pioneer in the emergence of clinical concepts. Therefore, it is a natural integral part of today’s medicine.
- In medicine, homeopathy is a therapeutic amongst all other potential therapeutics.
- The method for prescribing homeopathic drugs is the clinical method
- The clinical indications found in the Materia Medicas are those considered as:
– Reliable, validated in clinical practice
– Consistent with current medical knowledge and the possibilities available with other therapeutics.
- The clinical symptoms guiding the prescription of homeopathic drugs are not just limited to those of the disease. They include all symptoms uncovered during the clinical observation, including:
– the ones arising from the patients individual reactions
– those describing their characteristics and medical history, aside from their disease.
- No system, method or classification can accurately take into account the specificity of each patient, nor replace the necessary experience of each physician.
CEDH’s teaching principles are based on values respecting acquired medical science – intellectual integrity, priority to clinical observation – and the experimental roots of homeopathy : the meticulous observation of diseases and patients.
CEDH Educational Values
It is an ethical obligation for physicians to regularly attend Continuing Medical Education (CME) seminars or training programs to maintain and improve their competencies. Homeopathy is available for CME credits to help bring solutions and answers to today’s efficient management care issues:
- Reducing the prescriptions of antibiotics as well as anxiolytics and hypnotic drugs
- Establishing a more comprehensive diagnosis thanks to its semiological and therapeutic approach of the patient’s terrain and individual sensitivity
- Improving patients’ care with the design of a healthcare project tailored to their specific case.
CEDH educational programs are based on the most reliable data available, in regard to the latest scientific knowledge. Training courses are always illustrated with observations and clinical exercises.
CEDH educational programs are specifically tailored to the educational conditions and clinical practices of each country.
CEDH educational training programs are validated by certificates for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
CEDH Teaching College
CEDH teachers are physicians, general practitioners and specialists, who have solid experience in homeopathic clinical practice and who are trained in using the latest modern educational tools. They all share the same vision of today’s medicine and the place that homeopathy should have in it. Their daily medical practice is in accordance with CEDH clinical and ethical values: intellectual integrity and scientific knowledge, and refers to clinical practice.
The CEDH teaching physician is part of a team. Coherent teachings, complementary competencies and fellowship are essential parts of the Teaching College.
A respectful working attitude
When co-presenting, both presenters must be efficient and respectful of each other’s personalities and competencies.
Continuing medical training
Regular attendance to teachers’ meetings
Regular attendance to CEDH continuing medical education courses
Respecting the CEDH educational guidelines
The program and its chronology
The course’s contents: clinical indications, dosage
When presenting clinical cases:
- The clinical observation must be complete and detailed
- The choice of each medicine and its precise dosage must be justified.
- Confidentiality duty regarding the use of other therapeutics in the teacher’s own clinical practice
Teacher Certification and the use of CEDH Educational Tools
- A CEDH certification is handed out every year to each teacher. The CEDH teacher agrees to respect CEDH values, ethical guidelines and rules of procedures by signing the CEDH charter.
- Only CEDH-certified teachers are authorized to use CEDH educational tools. Each physician must sign the CEDH charter every year to be able to deliver these training courses.
- CEDH educational tools can only be used for CEDH-validated training courses and educational programs
CEDH rules of procedures
Travel and accommodations as well as administrative guidelines (expense fees, allowances) are described in a Rules of Procedure document specific for each country.